1.01.2013

two thousand thirteen

Resolutions.
We all have them floating around in our heads.
Mine seem to steep all year, and then, full of flavor, 
emerge into goals at the end of December.

What do I want to accomplish with myself this year?
1. I want to be true to myself.
2. I want to continue living the simple life we've begun here in Marshall.
3. And I want to write a novel.

Being true to myself has been coming pretty easy the last few months,
so I feel like that resolution will take care of itself.

Living the simple life we have here is about setting priorities.
Keeping Facebook from running my life (a true challenge!)
and making those three boys my focus.

And as for writing a novel, it may take years.
With three littles, plus a husband, and a household to run, it's not realistic for me to put an end date on this goal.  But I can make time to write each week. And I will.

Josh asked me last night what I want in 2013. 
My answer? More of the same.

More good health.
More family time.
More memories.
More love.
More laughs.

In addition to working on writing, really making time for it, I would like to exercise every.single.day unless I am vomiting. I am starting with just January. 30 days. 30 workouts. Simple is fine, as long as I do it!

So there you have it.
My goals for a beautiful 2013.



"No matter what there's always a new day,
a clean slate, an opportunity to begin again, 
and vibrantly live live out our 'one wild and crazy life'."
-Kelle Hampton

2 comments:

Marilynn Raatz said...

Matching jammies are so cute!! The twins looks so identical in this picture! And reading boys! I love this picture! Shelly you are so beautiful! You've always had gorgeous eyes, and they seem to get more green as time goes by. I love your resolutions! Cheers to 2013!!

Rox said...

Haha, the boys look like, "Yeah, yeah, take the picture." They look... grown!