4.02.2014

The F-Word

So, as many of you know, I have a bit of a potty mouth. I'm not a drunken sailor or anything, but I will occasionally drop a "GD it" or "S*&%".  My kids have been known to copy this, lately taking to saying things are "crappy" or that they are "breaking the hell out of something"...

I'm not especially proud of the fact that my children have picked up this lovely little habit, and I am working hard to stop using swear words myself, and have explained that they certainly cannot use them.  Well, now the F-Word has entered the Cunningham household. And I'm afraid it's not going anywhere soon.  With three little boys who hold it in their mouths like a gold nugget, I feel that this will be an uphill battle.  

Their brother has the toy they want again?
F-Word

Their brother punched them in the back & didn't get a consequence?
F-Word

Their brother recieved more treats/attention/turns?
F-Word

It has gotten to the point that I have to ask them, repeatedly, not to say the F-Word to me.  

Josh and I are at our wits end.
Who knew having three kids in three years would result in our entire universe revolving around the F-Word...  I guess we have a lot of teaching to do.

So next time they use the F-Word, saying with an attitude, 

"But mom! It's not FAIR!"

I will take a deep breath and reply,
"I'm sorry to tell you, my darling, but 

life's not fair!"

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Well, you had me. I was so thinking of a different F-word...

Marilynn Raatz said...

If I didn't know you so well, you'd had me....hahaha.