8.27.2014

Life Stills

















I really enjoyed my first post of Life Stills, just pictures from everyday life.  So here's another few.  I also wanted to share a heartwarming story about Logan.

Last night I was tucking him in bed when out of nowhere he told me, "Sometimes when Jack is crying, then I feel like crying.  My eyes water and I'm like, 'What is going on?'"

I smiled and told him that it's very common for twins to feel the same feelings sometimes, and that what he was experiencing was called empathy.  I will forever treasure his sharing that with me.  It reminded me how blessed I am to be the mom of twins.  How lucky it is that I get to experience this.

Then today during school, Jack got #1, #2 & #3 correct, and #4 wrong.  Then Logan did the same assignment, not knowing what Jack had written, and he got the same sequence-- the first three right, and the fourth one wrong.  Jack looked at it and said, "We're twins Logan.  That's why we got the same one wrong."  The interesting thing is that they both got it wrong the same way.  It fascinates me when I see examples of how their brains work identically.

***

2 comments:

Marilynn Raatz said...

Beautiful pictures honey. And I could hear those stories all day long. They just fascinate me! I feel so blessed to have them and know them so they aren't just twins but individuals also.

Marilynn Raatz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.