8.24.2014

The Happiness Project :: MARRIAGE :: August

For August my Happiness Project goal was, appropriately, our marriage.  On the 8th we celebrated our eleven year anniversary, and despite the longevity of our wedded bliss, reading The Happiness Project shed some light on coupledom.

"There is no love.  Only proofs of love."


That is, hands down, my new favorite quote when it comes to relationships.  You can say you love someone, say you want to be there for them... but what truly speaks volumes is your actions.  For me this means doing laundry on time so he has jeans on Monday; making lunch for him when he comes home during the week; and making milk so he doesn't have to do it in the morning while three hungry kids wait.

It's the little things, like when he makes the bed, texts that he loves me or offers to do bedtime so I can blog, that let us know we are thinking of each other.  That we are putting our needs second to the other.


I am happy to have the opportunity to put Josh first on purpose.  He is so good to me, and I want him to know (through my actions) how much I appreciate and love him!

No comments: