8.01.2014

We Need a Nap

(4:53pm after telling me at noon he didn't need a nap.)
Our last few days (weeks, really) have been like a speeding freight train.  
All go, no quit.  
Tons of fun, but not a whole lotta sleep's been had.  
Wyatt and I particularly are feeling it.

Between playdates, grandma's camp and some out of town visitors,  I am trying to fit in last minute shopping, shipping and organizing.  This is the living room currently.  I am sorting toys-- what to ship, what to save and what to toss.  You can imagine how well this goes with three sets of grabby hands at my side.

Meanwhile, this is our bedroom-- stacks of books, piles of clothes, sheets & items that need to be sent to Alaska or put back in storage here in Washington.

And on top of all the fun stuff and the packing, regular life (things like laundry and dishes) carry on.  The nerve!  So this is what my laundry pile looks like. 
Half clean, half dirty: ALL wrinkled. sigh.

Thankfully my July goal for The Happiness Project was Mindfulness, so I was able (for the entire month!) to stay in the moment and enjoy every experience. Now it's time to buckle down and prepare our family of five for our big transition back home.

The shopping is done and the countdown is on.  I better get to it.
But first, I need a nap.

No comments: